BPerfect Cosmetics design, develop and outsource the manufacture of a range of trendsetting, award-winning and unique products. Founded by Brendan McDowell in 2012, BPerfect Cosmetics are stocked in over 2,000 stockists throughout the UK, Ireland and across the world. The BPerfect range consists of makeup and tanning products. Additionally, BPerfect have developed a range of products in collaboration with some of the best makeup artists and celebrities in the industry - from the Stacey Marie Carnival collection, LMD Master Palette, The Vivienne Sceptre Palette, Jac Jossa collection to the Ekin-Su collection.
The Category Manager is responsible for supporting the retail and wholesale strategies, under the direction of the Trade Marketing Manager, to increase sales and profitability of BPerfect products driving sustainable growth in both BPerfect retail stores (Mega and seasonal temporary stores) and key wholesale accounts.
Overall Purpose of the this job:
The Category Manager role is key for future market planning required by BPerfect to achieve its strategic business objectives. The post holder is responsible for proactively managing the analysis of market/sales trends, competitor products, product improvements, as well as the constructive analysis of company POS and product trends. The Category Manager is to continuously improve BPerfect’s data gathering methods including communication of key business data from both inside and outside the company.
The sales/product reports produced by the Category Manager must be suitable for use by the Senior Management Team to determine company strategic orientation and inputs to business plans.
The planograms produced by the Job Holder must be suitable for use by the BPerfect retail team and key customer accounts.
The Category Manager will develop contacts within industry to broaden market intelligence and gain insight for best instore practice.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To analyse data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends regarding the beauty industry and in particular cosmetics, tan and skincare categories.
- To create and develop a strategic long-term plan for the development of the cosmetics, tan and skincare categories in key channels.
- To develop a customer-based benchmarking process to compare BPerfect’s performance against other cosmetics companies operating in the same markets.
- To provide direction on best instore layouts (ie number of facings, shelf positioning, gondola ends etc), positioning of POS material and merchandising training.
- To develop planograms for BPerfect retail stores and key wholesale accounts, providing case studies for best instore practice.
- To build and drive relationships with key customers advising on improvements to store layouts.
- To become a leader in category ranging, pricing, and promotions across channels.
- To lead category management projects to optimise ranges and related merchandising.
- To create forecasts for product demand to ensure sustainability of inventory.
- To develop strong working relationships with buying, marketing and merchandising teams to expand product categories in key wholesale accounts.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Location: Knockmore Industrial Estate, Moira Road, Lisburn, BT28 2EJ
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities; it will be subject to review and amendment as required as the demands of the role and the organisation evolve in the future.